Once a year Open Grid Europe hosts the "Energy Policy Dialogue" at its head office in Essen. The aim is to make a contribution to the energy policy debate and promote dialogue between politics and business. Our video compilation provides an insight into the third Energy Policy Dialogue under the theme "Make-or-break decision time for the energy transition – what will the elections in North Rhine-Westphalia and the national elections bring?", which was held on 26 October 2016.
The discussion panel included:
- Thomas Bareiß, member of the German parliament, member of the CDU/CSU parliamentary group in charge of energy policy
- Jochen Flasbarth, State Secretary at the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety
- Stephan Kamphues, Open Grid Europe GmbH, Chairman of the Board of Management
- Johannes Remmel, Minister for Climate Protection, Environment, Agriculture, Conservation and Consumer Protection of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia
- Michael Thews, member of the German parliament, member of the SPD parliamentary group
- Anja Kohl, TV business and stock market journalist (moderator)